Sunday, May 3, 2009

Becks, Marjorie, Marcia and Mac Francis

Classmates

I would like to tell the story of how we started to get things moving for this reunion. Several years back Marjorie and I agreed to start the ball rolling. I will organize and Marjorie will do the leg work.

I wrote two letters to Marjorie but I got no reply. I gave up the idea because I found myself so helpless without somebody in Kinoguitan working it out.

Last year, Marcia and I met at the house of our cousin, Atty. Orlando Polinar. She brought up the idea of a reunion and I told her that I am willing as long as somebody will leg work in Kinoguitan. She offered her services.

The first thing I asked her to do was to get contacts. I gave her my email address and cell phone number.

The first who contacted me was Mac Francis Eduarte. Still I was not so eager about it. But I was inspired of the insistence of Mac Francis. I was touched by his concern and desire to really come together. With all the stories we were exchanging in the email, I thought that it would be exciting if more and more of our classmates would get into the circle.

Thank you Bong. You inspired me.

Mac Francis sent me names of our classmates which I could barely remember and that was the data which I entered in the letters that I sent to Marcia to be distributed to all our classmates. Marcia corrected it and I kept communicating between Marcia and Mac Francis about the names.

The important content of that letter was the proposed initial meeting on April 19, 2009 at my residence in Kinoguitan.

No comments:

Post a Comment